Friday, July 2, 2010

VBS

What a great week it has been at Vacation Bible School, not only for the kids but for us parents too!! We poured prayers over this week and boy did the Lord bless it. VBS was blessed by 4 new believers (that we know of as of now) that came to know Christ! He was in our midst this week, and it brought back a piece of my testimony. One that I had not conne3cted with in a long time. When I was eight years old, it was at VBS that I received Christ, on the Alter one evening during the Pastor's Corner. Slipping my way to the front of the church, Christ met me there, And I haven't been the same since. I have fallen along the way, but I am so thankful that He was there to pick me up and put my pieces back together. I have a special place in my heart for Bible School. Seeing the expressions on each child's face it brought about a stir in my heart, one that I had not had in a while. Something about being a child of God, it will knock your socks off when you least expect it! Boy do I love that!
This week we enjoyed 60+ kids every night, and these kids were on fire for Jesus! It's amazing what God can do when you give him your all, He will even fill you back up again! This week was great, I would do it again tomorrow!

Resting in His promises,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment