Monday, November 9, 2009

The Joy of Cooking

For the past 15 days Michael and I have been in full detox mode. We have been on the Hallelujah Diet! It has been very hard but very worth it. I feel so much better when not consuming meat, dairy, sugar, and eggs. What have we been eating...well.... Lots of salad, nuts, veggies, and fruits. I have found a new way of cooking and fixing than ever before. At this point our diet is 85% raw and we can have a cooked meal for dinner. Breakfast consists of barley green and carrot juice, which I have truly come to love. Our eyes have been opened to health and all the foods we were allowing ourselves to eat. Scary! But back to the "joy of cooking", although it is a fantastic cookbook with endless pages of food prep and recipes, and I highly recommend it, I have found my joy of cooking to be the two little ones at my feet desiring to help in the kitchen. Learning to be patient with these two dear ones and teaching them what my mother taught me, it is a true joy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment