This weekend we celebrated Dad's Birthday and what a Birthday it was!
Sunday~Dad was away on Mt. Rogers riding horse back with some of his good buddies. Mom planned a huge birthday lunch for him Sunday when he was expected back. Luckily he made it back in town after almost staying to ride one more day. Mom was relived to know he was home and we ate some of her "world famous" Lasagna! It is absolutely the best!! On Saturday Trathan and Mom prepared all the Lasagna and the homemade Carrot Cake (another one of Dad's Favs)! Trathan helped grate the carrots, sift the flour and if he was anything like his mother, the kitchen was a disaster! I think I have failed to mention that I am a terribly messy cook, and according to Mimi I passed the trait to him. We love it though and it makes things more fun! Jamie even made a special surprise visit to town to see Dad. Boy was Dad surprised. She hid in the back of the van and I ask dad to help me get the kids out, out Jamie popped! It was great. Here is a Picture of Dad and Trathan back in the fall. Happy Birthday Dad! You are very loved!!
Also this weekend the local Farmer's Market openned! We made our first visit and when we pulled up Trathan yelled to the tops of his lungs, "we're at the FARMER'S MARKET MOM." And everyone else knew we were there too:) We picked up some local eggs, fresh granola, and homemade KOMBUCHA. Kombucha contains many different cultures along with several organic acids, active enzymes, amino acids, and polyphenols. It is Michael's favorite drink. It is very healthy for you and to top it off, my good friend Megan is the maker! Megan and her boy friend Caleb own Hold the Heat Raw food Makery. She makes kombucha, raw chips, and raw chocolates. They have a booth every Saturday through the Summer at the Farmer's Market! Make a special trip to visit them and give the Kombucha a taste!
The kids and I spent the day Monday with Aunt Jamie. Trathan loves it when she is here! She spent the night with us Sunday (Michael went down to school early to study for exams) so we had a slumber party! Monday morning we made a big breakfast and spent the rest of the day lounging and running around town. We made a stop at TJ Max and boy did find a treasure! I have been wanting the cookbook Deceptivly Delicious. A good friend of mine recommended it to me a while back and I just have not ordered it. While in the check out line (buying a new kitchen rug) I see this cookbook for $6!! I was thrilled! I have spent the night learning how to make my family healthier without them knowing it!! Such Deception! I know, it's just a book, settle down! Well I am just thrilled!!

This morning I decided to meal plan for the week and Michael called to fill me in on another great family planning secret that he learned about on 106.9 The light Radio...... www.e-mealz.com. Wow, my life has just become so much easier at a click of a button! E-mealz gives you a weeks worth of meals with a grocery list and keeps your grocery total under $75. That's 5 meals a week at $15 a meal for a family of 4 Plus leftovers!! I'm in!!
It has been a fantastic weekend. Looking forward to the week ahead. We are having a Family week full of Tweetsie, The Zoo, and lots more!! What better way to celebrate Mother's day!!
Love to all!
God Bless,
Casey
No comments:
Post a Comment