Tonight as we were praying with Trathan kneeled beside his bed, he led our family in prayer. He loves to pray and tonight his main prayer concern was for his friend Kasen. Kasen is Shane and Keana Tripplet's Son and lately he has been having some health issues. I thought this was so sweet that he would know how to pray for one of his friends. This touched my heart, but it was what happened next that brought me to tears. We all left his room so he could get to sleep and it wasn't five minutes later he called me back to his room. He says, Mommy what is that noise? We are now to the point where he hears noises that scare him a little bit. I said, It's nothing sweetie. He was very persistent that he heard something and I assured him over and over that everything would be fine. I asked if he would like for me to pray with him and he agreed. we prayed for his safety and that God would help him to sleep and if he needed anything that he could always talk to God. This brought about some tears saying that he couldn't talk to God by himself, but once again I assured him that God would hear him when he prayed. I kissed his sweet face and quietly left the room. Standing outside the door, I hear this sweet Prayer:
God, please help me to be a good good boy, and please help Trathan to be a good boy. Help Daddy to be a good boy and Mommy to be good boy, wait mommy's not a boy, help Mommy to be a good girl and Lainey be a good girl.
Long Pause
God, help Mommy sleep in her bed all night long and help Trathan sleep in his bed all night long.
Deep breaths followed and he was sound asleep.
As I am standing outside the door, I feel my heart begin to warm and I praised God for Trathan and his faith at such a young age. My prayer tonight is to have a faith like a child, my child.
~Casey
Friday, May 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment