I am so excited to say that we are planting a garden! I have not been this excited in a very long time. Michael's brother Chris and I have put our heads together and we broke ground Monday. We are planting beans, squash, potatoes, tomatoes and so much more. This year I would also like to take up canning. I have always canned with my mother but never on my own and never anything other than beans. It is going to be a summer of trial and error but my philosophy is that's the best way to learn. Trathan is excited about taking his wheel barrel to the garden to help pick vegetables. What an awesome learning experience for him. So...I need your help..... I need any gardening advice you have. Please leave comments below with words of wisdom!! We will keep you updated and I will post pictures soon......we have plowed a huge spot!!
"You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail."
Isaiah 58:11
"Then God said, 'Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.' And it was so. The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning - the third day."
Genesis 1: 11-13
Happy Gardening,
Casey
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have fun! Angela wants to start a garden too. I think she is going to start small with a raised-bed garden.
ReplyDelete