She's the One that told me about Jesus
She's the One who taught me to sing
She deserves an armful of Roses
But she's satisfied with a handful of weeds
These are just a few of the lyrics from the Mother's Day song I sang at church Sunday morning. I wanted to surprise My mother with this special song. If you are interested in the entire song, it's "Handful of Weeds" by Sherri Easter.
I had a fantastic Mother's Day spent with my hubby and two wonderful children. I could not have ask for a more pleasant day with lots of sunshine and relaxation! Michael totally pampered me all day. I took a pretty hard fall as we were leaving for church Sunday morning and he carried me to the car, got an ice bag and dropped me off at the door at church. That afternoon I didn't lift a finger as he prepared a steak dinner with all my favorite fixings. He is so the man of my dreams!! Anyway, we celebrated Mother's day the entire week before, along with celebrating Michael being out of school until August. Thursday we took a trip to the zoo. We had a BLAST!! Trathan loved the animals especially the Rhino! Unfortunately the Giraffes were in the "barn" and not on exhibit. We were a little bummed but quickly bounced back for the rest of the trip. The weather was very tolerable. Both kids sacked out on the way home, it was such a great trip! I think pictures tell the story very well. Enjoy!
Friday we were headed to Tweetsie Railroad and as we were heading in that direction the rain began to come down and the parking lot was full to the brim. Not having anything else on the agenda we drove to Chucky Cheese's which is about an hour away and spent the afternoon there. We bought $10 worth of coins and we played for 2 1/2 hours. We all let loose and enjoyed the day.
We made a trip to Sam's Club and the mall before we left to pick up a couple Mother's Day gifts and food for Sunday. It was very laid back and the kids once again did great. Trathan only shed tears when he knew it was time to head home, but we desperately needed a night home. Saturday rolled around all too quickly! We woke up early, Actually the kids woke very early and we hopped on it. Heading straight to the Farmer's Market of course! There I found all my plants for the house and a refill on Kombucha. We spent the rest of the day planting. Michael literally did not stop all day. He planted his Mother's Flower beds, Sister flower bed, mowed and weeded and by dinner he was exhausted. He is so giving of his time, it just amazing me.
Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching. They will be a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck. Proverbs 1:8-9
No comments:
Post a Comment